Trials featured beginning October 2021:
All clinical trials are reviewed by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) to protect the rights and safety of people who join. But some trials stand out because they’re doing more for patients. Our review committee helps identify some trials that are going above and beyond. They are our featured trials.
Clinical trials submitted to be featured will be scored on these categories:
- High Impact – Reviewers consider the potential impact on clinical practice, whether the research addresses a known issue or gap in care and more.
- Patient-Centered – Reviewers consider if travel costs for participants are paid for, if the informed consent is written in plain language, if results are shared with participants and more.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Focus – Reviewers consider if the clinical trial staff are trained on cultural and anti-bias practices, the trial locations are in rural and urban areas and more.
- Accessibility – Reviewers consider if the eligibility criteria is as broad as possible, the requirements of participants seem reasonable for what they’re trying to study (e.g. there aren’t unnecessary labs or visits required), the number of trial locations and more.
- Data and Trial Design – Reviewers consider whether patient’s perspectives are collected (patient-reported outcomes), the quality of the data analysis (statistical framework) and more.
The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replace professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health care providers working with your physician, with questions you may have regarding any medical condition or your suitability for a particular clinical trial. The content of this website is not intended to be relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment.
Any specific diagnostic or therapeutic procedures, or treatment modalities including, but not limited to medications or products that may be mentioned on the site, are neither endorsed nor recommended by Be The Match. Be The Match does not assume any liability for the contents of any material provided on the site. Reliance on any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. Be The Match accepts no liability or responsibility for damages or injuries arising from use of any product, information, idea, or instruction contained in the materials above.